Friday, March 9, 2007

My Vista experience

I was planning to install vista in my hp core duo laptop , since its beta release , but in blogs and forums was said by most people, the OS is not yet ready, made me think twice. Until, after the Jan 30 world wide release , I finally decided to try it on my own.

Therefore, one fine morning, I bought a Vista Business Edition DVD. I wanted to do a clean installation. I backed up everything and boot the pc with Vista DVD. I was really astonished to see the great improvement of installation process of windows, the installation UI is far advanced and it not only safely removed my existing Windows XP to a separte windows.old folder with settings and documents , but also detected all my hardware(note: my laptop is vista capable) with no pain.

After installation , my network card is behaving normally, I have successfully installed VS 2005 and SQL Server 2005 , although i have to install SQL server SP2 and VS SP1, though it was not required but recommended.

The Aero is working fine, I really liked 3D menu switching feature, and the new ready boost feature (you can use a flash drive as system memory) of vista really rocks.

I will keep you posted with more in coming days....

A Reader's Toolbox

With latest modification of vista customers are experiencing new options for webhosting. There is lots of internet phone provider who have started vista hosting for their websites. You can see the vista popularity even webhosting domain companies are using this operating system. This gives a powerful platform for web host using this operating system. There are many business web hosting that are providing same services but to find out real money saving cheap hosting gator is best. There is tough competition among the hosting providers so you can get discounted deals.

No comments: