Friday, December 15, 2006

Mac's Promise to run Windows

Recently Mac books have started using Intel processors, Apple gives out adds saying , "Now Mac runs both Mac Os X and Windows, it is pc you will ever need". I don’t know how they say that. I have seen frustration of users in many blogs, mostly complaining that Windows does not detect their Mac hardware properly. Now , it is apple who promised to run Windows on their hardware, so it should their sole responsibility to support it fully. Isn't it?

In some part I was convinced that macbooks are the best buy as they are able to run both Mac and Windows on a single hardware, in addition to its great design. But today I also came to know from one of my colleges that macbook don’t have any bios therefore you can't do a clean installation of Windows in Mac hardware , it only possible when you use a software called Boot camp. Isn’t it ironic?
I wished I could have buy a Macbook-Pro. Unless, Apple comes up a better hardware level support with Windows , I put a pause to that for the time being. Also, Apple should think of Vista support too.

But, i use Ipod which is much superior to Microsoft's Zune player.:-)

1 comment:

msarker said...

Yes Yes.. I agree.. so furstrating.